Friday, September 25, 2009

the moment it happens.

So yesterday I had new head shots taken (thanks Wayne). Wayne Robinson has taken my first head shots two years ago and well I needed new ones and he takes great pictures that are sexy and fun. Here is the thing, I think we are the people we think we are in our top five words to describe ourselves- mine are currently: cute, smart, quirky, hilarious, and good. Sexy is not in the top five, not in the top ten well just joined the WWF on Monday so sexy may move up higher in the list soon.
Wayne told me a story about this fun sexy lady he shoots who is shy at first and then he notices the moment she catches herself in the mirror and realizes "ooh I look hot" she then ends up proudly seductive and mostly naked. I think the sentence works for everything, once we realize we can be, we are it and sometimes it just takes someone else or something else reflecting it to get it. That sounds confusing.. I went on this blind date a couple of months ago and being out of the dating loop a while I had a mix of vomit and excitement happening at the same time. I got ready and wore these super high heels that to me scream sexy (and whisper ouch) , the whole time I got ready and did my hair, make up, I said this mantra that were my blind date top five "I am sexy, beautiful, hilarious, adorable, and fun". It was playing in my head over and over just like before I go on stage I play "I am the funniest F*cking person in the room". I parked my car and headed to the restaurant to meet my blind date still playing my "I'm so hot mantra", I passed this construction worker who did a "hmmm", so I said "do you think I look alright I have a blind date?". He then said, "you look hot", OMG it worked my mantra worked, "I was hot". I felt so hot on my blind date that I thought "you may not be hot enough for me", OMG, I know maybe a little less-----no maybe a hotter blind date. The point is I think of that construction worker, in this case, as an angel sent to reconfirm my truth "I am hot" which I needed some reconfirming because I did not 100% know it at the time. So that is true for everything like "can I do this job? I'm not qualified." well once you believe you are qualified you have the job or "I think everything is going to be fine" and guess what then it is. I don't know that I believe in any one thing completely however I do believe we control who we are by who we think we are and whenever I say "things are shitty", they usually are. I think I decided that being a super hero was important because I need to remind myself on the outside that anything is possible. I notice people tell you who they are by the words they say like the lady who tells you that "everyone is a bitch" ends up you figure out later she is the bitch. The real point, new mantra: I am sexy, beautiful, successful, hilarious and a Lady Bug Warrior!
Thanks for reading. happy day!
xo,
Vicki

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm addicted to reading your blog. The absolute number one thing I love about your posts is the lesson learned at the end of whatever experience you're writing about. Many, many writers (myself included)forget that writing is about having something to say. We sometimes believe life's only about the journey, but it's also about the lesson. Lesson that I learned from you is: you have the power over you. Learn how to use it.

    -Kea Hokoana

    ReplyDelete
  2. KEA----
    I love you , thank you for reading and your positive comments. I feel like everyday I relearn or learn something and probably include it in the blog to work it through so thank you for getting that.
    xo,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete