Wednesday, December 16, 2009

fa la la la la la la la la......

as I peel that tape off my finger tips and embrace my crafty self. I love them, I like the whole thing, paper, crayons, hot glue guns, there is a messy Martha Stewart that lives in me and she can not be denied. This year I decided to buy gifts based on everyones names like my nephew Jack gets four gifts - all wrapped in brown- each one decorated with colorful letters I made -J-A-C-K. so you get it. This is the conversation I have with myself-
"Vicki, this is out of control, why am you cutting out all these snowflakes? because I want to and it makes me happy. Really? do you really need to hand make bows? yes, they look pretty. they do". Lately I have embraced the side of me that is completely truthful, by truthful I mean honest and kind. There was a time, not that long ago, where I thought living in a glitter snow globe was real and somehow helpful in my life. Yes, I like crafts but delinquent bills cut into confetti does not mean I just had a great party in my apartment but instead means my lights are about to be turned off. So, I slapped myself with some truth and turns out it is slowly but surely working, my debt is nearly gone, my arse is slowly but surely getting smaller, and I am open to real life love (no more crazy inventive sagas in my head). Wow, so what next? Well, that's just it, anything is still possible. I have been enjoying cooking, teaching, performing and mostly just being open to the next thing that moves me. I have something in the works, will keep you posted when something more tangible forms because for me I don't need a glitter cloud just some sparkling earrings. I know you are like, "you are the lady bug warrior". Turns out I don't need an invisible helicopter, just a "can do attitude", a smile, some elbow grease, confidence and a little bit of luck. Happy Holidays, thanks for reading. xo, Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment