Saturday, November 21, 2009

What happened to '89?

So this week was a blur, it literally flew by. I was so busy (thankfully) and only a few clear moments stand out like "wow only 1000 more tea sandwiches to make", and "what a cute security guy", and "wow it's 4am already time to get up". I catered a bunch this week, taught one class and performed zero. So my savings account is happy and my soul is empty....no it isn't, not really. If some of you don't know I have a small catering business and I cook everything for my clients events. I am pretty good at it however the light fun part of me never comes out because my "is this perfect and tasty Martha Stewart" side takes over. I also think if the light fun part of me came out I would say all kinds of crazy things while working like when a lady spilled a drink on me the other night and her husband laughed instead of saying "no problem it happens", I probably would have said something like "I understand Miss we all have to drink to forget, this is your husband right?". I know Martha would never and neither would I, instead I asked the cute security guy to tackle him first if things get crazy. So November 2009 is almost over and so is the Oprah Show....in two years. How does time go by so fast? I can swear it was just 1989 and I was a mere tween well really a teen, I was trying to trim a couple of years off but due to that classmates.com, impossible. I blame that internet site for so much wrong doing, I never would have registered back in the day and in my early 20's if I knew that till the end of time you would know where and what year I graduated HS, oh well. Some clear signs show time has been flying by....like when I saw the "Sex in the City" movie and Candice Bergen's cameo I thought wow "she looks older" and then realized, wow I must be older to?, or when my practical more mature brain speaks up and says, "I'm sorry I can't have coffee so late it will keep me up and I have a busy day tomorrow", what? So as they say....time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking, into the future. If you have never heard that song you may have been born after 1989 and you are a child or 20, what? Thank you for reading and my apologies to all the English majors who read this. I think of writing as a collage, I write the words and then scatter all the punctuation marks and let them fall where they may. Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for reading.
xo, Vicki

1 comment:

  1. It's been a few days since I've been here and I'm catching up on the posts I missed! I love reading these Vicki! Thanks for sharing yourself with us, these make my day.

    ReplyDelete