Friday, February 3, 2012

Umm two Brides, no groom...yes you heard correctly..

What? It has been a while since I have written so for the few of you who read this, I got engaged on Christmas Eve! I know, it's fun and exciting and makes me want to dance most of the time. It took me a very long time to love myself, be truly loved by another and well...it is Awesome and I don't even use that word. So, thankfully, the state of New York has some intelligent people who realize that the Constitution was meant for everyone and I am able to marry my partner, my love, legally on a state level only however, I know that the timing of it is great and as I try not to go crazy looking at the billions of wedding stuff that somehow I all of a sudden need I wonder... if teen kids are brave enough to come out of the closet, walk the walk and live true, why do we have to, on a nearly daily basis be forced to hear and see hate? (I mean doesn't the no bullying law work for adults too?)
I know the answer, I know that if you truly love yourself then you know everyone else should do the same and if you live with fear most likely you don't like someone for a reason that has nothing to do with you like ethnicity, sexuality, religion, sex, etc. Okay the point the point, cute wedding favors, no the point the real point...live true.
If Michelangelo or Leonardo Da Vinci's art moves you, or Elton John and Melissa Etheridge's music gets your toes tapping, and Ellen Degeneres, Wanda Sykes and Lily Tomlin make you laugh than why not let them love? Legally.
Before I came out of the closet...my first thought when straight women told me they were getting married..."are you retarded?, we grew up with Oprah". But then I got real, told myself the truth, told everyone else, realized the world was not going to implode, I was ten times happier, open to finding true love and I did. YAY, so then of course I was like...I WANT TO GET MARRIED TOO!!! So we are, and I know compared to so many couples past and present we are lucky however I never want to feel grateful about it, I mean isn't my right to love and have a legal binding union just as important as all those other people's straight weddings I've attended?
I listen to these Republican candidates and I cringe and I hear all the other "family values" groups up in arms about marriage equality and I think "how can this great, most exciting happy thing ...the evolution of our love be anything other than amazing?"
I have never been prouder to live my truth, do my thing, admit my faults, walk around many times with powdered sugar on my shirt and LOVE really LOVE! So back to googling clear mason jars which will fit the pretty french macaroons I want to make as favors, my insane thought for the day. Thank you for reading and sorry about the run on sentences...my punctuation, as usual, is more a suggestion. Happy VALENTINE's Day!!! LIVE YOUR LIFE AND LOVE!!! IT turns out to be a great thing!xo, Vicki

1 comment:

  1. Your Friend always Joe NuttFebruary 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM

    Very well said Vicki. It is always said that behind ever man is a great woman. that Most men would not be who or where they are with out a good or great woman. There is NO reason that can't be true for you also. There is NOT a single reason that be this wonderful woman I am sure is a Great woman also. Best of luck and keep your head up and be strong.

    ReplyDelete