Saturday, October 27, 2012

Enough Already...you're going to catch fleas.....

so if you made your way to my blog you probably know I am a super hero....well at least like to feel I am as strong as anyone else and that I truly believe that good will always prevail. You will also know I am gay, married, happy and have been through the ups and downs of life , just like everyone else.
These past few months I learned a lot about myself and this world we live in. I never realized how much hate was flying around ready to pounce if a portal was opened. Like living with a group mentality of well that guy is offensive, racist, homophobic, sexist and got away with it well maybe this will fly. It is sad and there are ten days left till our next President of the United States is elected and I see it as clear as day....will the porthole of hate be large enough to let the wrong guy win?
I cry sometimes thinking about it, not my unwavering view that the good guy Barack Obama will be re-elected but more upset of the ugly faces I have seen during this time.
I grew up knowing I was different and never really felt like I fit in but doing the right thing, the compassionate thing, was clear. I didn't understand I was gay till late in life and when I came out , I let out the secret I may be a minority and I may be different a bit but I love and I contribute and after I saw this clear, obvious part of me everything looked even more crystal clear. I know I ramble and my grammar is far from perfect however my words, my words are true.
I truly thought "oh goody" the Republican party realized this election was going to be a loss so they were only going to sacrifice their most obvious ridiculous candidate and wait for four more years to offer up someone of some merit. I mean the guy who tied his dog to the roof of his car, chased a student through his prep school pinned him down and cut his hair, the guy who got rich while k-b toys went bankrupt. I mean ridiculous. So even after that the 47% video, the non specifics, the out and out flip-flopping and blatant lying and what? I know anyone would be like...he is probably ashamed, crying, sinking in the polls. No....proof reality tv has made us dumb, he is neck and neck and even worse, people I know, people I went to public school with are supporting him. Granted you will say Vicki, you and your vagina are biased, I mean who cares about women's rights? your gay rights? The economy! The economy! Well if a guy says "let Detroit go bankrupt", ships jobs to China he is clearly even after all the other crap still saying he is the worst possible choice. AHHHHHH...it is so frustrating. I believe Obama will win re-election and I am sure Mittens will disappear but I saw it..I saw the hate, the sexism, the homophobia, the racism. I feel even more fueled to live a life of truth with dignity and honor. I urge you all to do the same because if you stand for nothing you will fall for anything...CLEARLY...MITTENS...STOP IT Already! thanks for reading and please vote!!
xo,
Vicki

1 comment:

  1. Well written...four more years of Obama will happen. Shannon

    ReplyDelete